There are many things in today’s world that we are tempted to believe are true. What do we believe in our heart’s is true? If it is anything outside of the Word of God, we are living a life with no true meaning or value.
Daily Truth Journaling was created to encourage you in your time with Jesus. Filling our minds and hearts with God’s truth each day is vital. Whether you are a new believer, or have followed Jesus for years, this study can help guide you through your thoughts and time as you open up to Him.
Where do you connect with God best? Outside (on a hiking trail, by the river, at the park)? Inside (at a coffee shop, desk, library)? Make an effort to go wherever you can connect with God, without distractions.
Open in Prayer (5 minutes)
- Spend this time opening your heart to the Lord. Be willing to be an open vessel to and for Him.
- Pray that God would forgive you of any areas of your life that are not in obedience to Him, that He would help you surrender all of your worries and concerns to Him, and that He would remove all distractions from your study today.
- Ask Him to reveal any areas of your life that are not like Him.
- Ask Him to teach you something new and amazing!
- Be vulnerable and humble with Jesus
- PRAY BIG!“Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us.” Ephesians 3:20
- Ask God to do immeasurably more than you could ever ask or think through this study.
Meditating/Application (10 minutes)
- Read over the passage and let it soak in.
- What is happening in this passage?
- How can I replace areas of disobedience in my life with things of obedience? (i.e. changing ungodly thoughts to godly thoughts)
- How can I act in strength and courage to pursue God’s promptings?
Journaling /Application (5 minutes)
- Write down ways that you felt God speak to you.
- What does this say about God and His heart towards me?
- What truth about myself am I reminded of?
- Write down any convictions you may have.
- Has God revealed any areas of disobedience in your heart? Or has He prompted you to take an action?
- Do you feel called to start fasting in any area of your life? (This does not have to be food, but it can be. It could be social media, electronics, TV, anything!)
- How can I apply this to my day/week?
Scripture memory (5 minutes)
“Keep My commandments and live; keep My teaching at the apple of your eye; bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablets of your heart.” Proverbs 7:3
- What verses/passage would be good for you to memorize?
- What ways do you learn best? (Visual, writing, auditory, etc..)
- Here are some suggestions for scripture memory:
- Visual: After reading over the verse, try writing the verse on index cards to take with you around the house and on the go (post them on your mirror, in your car, on the walls around your home)
- Writing: try writing the first letter of each word on an index card, writing the verse over and over, or create your own fill in the blank.
- Auditory: Have someone read the verse to you, listen to the audio version of the verse on a Bible app, you could even make a sing out of it!
- Strive to restate the verse/passage in your mind throughout the day.
- **If you are memorizing more than one verse or a passage, make sure to go over the previous verses as you go so that you don’t forget what you have memorized!
End in Prayer (5 minutes)
- Spend time asking God to continue revealing truth to you throughout the day, help you memorize scripture, and apply what you’ve learned. Ask God to help you be sensitive to and lead by His Spirit as He guides you.
- What specific areas of your life can you be praying over?
- Is there any strife/darkness in your heart? (unforgiveness, bitterness, an unhealthy habit?) Pray for freedom over this area, and then be willing to LIVE in that freedom.
- Pray for boldness to pursue new opportunities that God may place before you.
- PRAY BIG!Ask God to do immeasurably more than you could ever ask or think throughout your day today.
- Be in prayer throughout the day. Continue to grow in your intimacy with the Lord.
Suggestions of Places to Start/30 Day Challenge
**Here are a few passages to start. Read whichever ones you choose, or read one a day for the 30-Day challenge!
1.) Ephesians 1 (Spiritual Blessings in Christ/Thanksgiving and Prayer)
2.) Ephesians 6:10-20 (The Whole Armor of God)
3.) Psalm 139 (Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart)
4.) Psalm 73 (God is My Strength and My Portion Forever)
5.) Psalm 23 (The Lord is My Shepherd)
6.) Psalm 91 (My Refuge and My Fortress)
7.) Matthew 7:24-29 (Build Your House on the Rock)
8.) Colossians 1:1-20 (Thanksgiving and Prayer/The Preeminence of Christ)
9.) 2 Thessalonians 2 (The Man of Lawlessness/Stand Firm)
10.) 2 Timothy 2:9-13 (A Good Soldier of Christ Jesus)
11.) Joshua 1:6-9 (God Commissions Joshua/Be Strong and Courageous)
12.) Philippians 1 (Thanksgiving and Prayer/The Advance of the Gospel/To Live is Christ)
13.) Philippians 3 (Righteousness Through Faith in Christ/Straining Toward the Goal)
14.) 1 Peter 1:13-25 (Called to be Holy)
15.) 2 Peter 1:3-10 (Confirm Your Calling and Election)
16.) Hebrews 11:1-6 (By Faith)
17.) 1 Thessalonians 5:15-24 (The Day of the Lord)
18.) 1 John 4: 7-21 (Knowing God Through Love)
19.) Joshua 24: 14-24 (Choose Whom You Will Serve)
20.) 1 Peter 2:9-25 (A Living Stone and a Holy People/Submission to Authority)
21.) 1 Peter 4: 7-19 (Stewards of God’s Grace/Suffering as a Christian)
22.) 2 Corinthians 1:3-10 (God of All Comfort)
23.) Hebrews 12: 1-7 (Jesus, Founder and Perfecter of Our Faith/Do Not Grow Weary)
24.) Romans 12 (A Living Sacrifice)
25.) John 3:22-36 (John the Baptist Exalts Christ)
26.) Galatians 5:16-26 (Keep in Step with the Spirit)
27.) Hosea 6:1-3 (Repentance)
28.) Lamentations 3:21-26 (Great is Your Faithfulness)
29.) Isaiah 43: 1-4 (Israel’s Only Savior)
30.) Isaiah 55: 8-9 (The Compassion of the Lord)
Below is a word document/PDF form of this study if you would like to download it!
Word document: Daily Truth Journaling-30 minutes
PDF: 30-minute study PDF
Copyright © Kayla Rivers All Rights Reserved